Starting on October 13, 2020, only these versions of Office will be supported for connecting to Office 365 (and Microsoft 365) services:
- Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise (previously named Office 365 ProPlus)
- Microsoft 365 Apps for business (previously named Office 365 Business)
- Office 2019, such as Office Professional Plus 2019
- Office 2016, such as Office Standard 2016
Examples of Office 365 services include Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, and OneDrive for Business.
Microsoft will not take any active measures to block other versions of the Office client, such as Office 2013, from connecting to Office 365 services, but these older clients may encounter performance or reliability issues over time.
We recommend that you upgrade older Office clients to Microsoft 365 so that you are always utilizing the most up-to-date versions of Office.
- End of Support for Office 365 is 10/12/2020.
- End of Life is 4/11/2023.
For Office 2016 & Office 2019
- End of Support for Office 365 is 10/10/2023.
- End of Life – 10/14/2025.
To read more about the subject, click here.