August 2016 Flood Recovery Assistance
Resources for Impacted Businesses
Regarding August flooding, beginning August 11, 2016 – Parishes currently designated in the federal disaster declaration: Acadia, Ascension, Avoyelles, East Baton Rouge, East Feliciana, Evangeline, Iberia, Iberville, Jefferson Davis, Lafayette, Livingston, Pointe Coupee, St. Helena, St. Landry, St. Martin, St. Tammany, Tangipahoa, Vermilion, Washington and West Feliciana parishes. Damage assessments are continuing for other parishes. This list will be updated on the Flood Recovery Assistance page as additional parishes are added.
Register With FEMA
To be considered for all forms of disaster assistance (individual and business), victims must first call the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) at 800-621-FEMA (3362) or access online at disasterassistance.gov. Businesses that sustained losses in the designated parishes can begin applying for assistance today. Disaster Recovery Centers have not yet opened; information about their opening and locations will be provided and updated as received.
U.S. Small Business Administration
Businesses of all sizes and private nonprofit organizations may borrow up to $2 million to repair or replace damaged or destroyed real estate, machinery and equipment, inventory, and other business assets. You can apply for loan assistance at https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela/.
Additional information is available by calling the SBA Customer Service Center at 800-659-2955. Individual Business Recovery Centers have not yet opened; information about their opening and locations will be provided and updated as received.
Key links to important information sources
- Louisiana Department of Transportation (DOTD) – Real-time road closures: www.511la.org
- Louisiana State Police – 225-925-6325 or *LSP from any cell phone
- American Red Cross – 1-866-GET- INFO (1-866-438-4636) www.redcross.org/local/louisiana
- Louisiana Business Emergency Operations Center – www.labeoc.org
- Governor’s Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness – http://gohsep.la.gov/
- Louisiana Small Business Development Center Network – www.lsbdc.org/
- Filing Extensions Available for Affected Louisiana Taxpayers – www.revenue.louisiana.gov/
- IRS Provides Tax Relief to Louisiana Flood Victims – www.irs.gov/
This information was made available by Louisiana Economic Development. More information can be found at opportunity.louisiana.com